Monday, April 13, 2015

My trip to the New York Botanical Garden's Orchid Show: Chandeliers

                              


One of my favorite annual trips is to the New York Botanical Garden Orchid Show. I have been a loyal patron for three years now and I am never disappointed in the beauty and elegance of nature's gifts. Aside from The Orchid Show I never really visit the New York Botanical Garden at all. Don't get me wrong,  I love nature and the flowers but the trip for me really isn't worth it until the orchids come around in the spring. 

I have my usual group of lovelies that I travel with when we visit the orchids and this year we decided to plan our trip a bit differently. We usually pay a little extra for the evening show, which grants us entry, a free drink and unlimited beauty shots among the flowers. You really can not take a bad selfie when posing with orchids, see my pics below. However, the night lights do not grant even a remote hint of justice in revealing the beauty of these delicate but hypnotic plants. So we went on a day trip one Saturday afternoon and enjoyed the orchids amidst tons of sunlight and good company. 
I will say the sunlight provides a glorious dose of natural light for pics and really brings out the vibrant colors of the orchids, but there is nothing like a free cocktail when you are lounging around the flowers on a Saturday evening. Next year, I think I'll buy both the day and evening tickets as I won't be able to take such great photos at night as I did this year. 

All my photos were taken with an iPhone 5, and feel free to check out the #orchidNYBG tag on Instagram, FaceBook and Twitter. It is the prettiest hashtag you'll see all year long, promise. Enjoy the photos below and if you have been to the orchid show, what was your favorite orchid?! Let me know! 
-NC


















































No comments:

Post a Comment