Thursday, April 2, 2015

I am ...


I have had this Blogspot for a while, haunting me in the Gmail apps section, laughing at me with its emptiness. The main reason this started was for a school project to blog about social justice but once school was over, I just didn't have the passion for that type of writing anymore. I wanted something more in line with my personality. No agenda. No muss, no fuss. Just a small door into my mind and lifestyle. I over analyzed on the look, the language, the marketing techniques until I said "Fuck it, just do you." So here I am.

I am a Puerto Rican Bronxite. I work for - you know what - I'l leave that part out for now. I live in NYC with my two hairless cats, one (going on two) dogs, and a Red Eared Slider named Tina Turtle - oh yes and the love of my life Mr. S. I have no kids, not planning on having any - I have a large family which includes a really stellar nephew and is quite possibly the biggest love of my life to date, sorry Mr. S.

I fucking love to travel. I love food - no, I fucking love food! How else can I keep my chubby girlish figure in tact? I really love makeup and hope to hone my skills this year. I love to express myself through creative means, via fashion, makeup, collages; I have been known to sketch here and there. Generally I like to express myself like most people do; curled up at home binge watching Netflix while re-blogging Tumblr posts. Mmmmmm.

I am a sorority Hermana. I once was a nude/vixen model (escandolo!) and for a brief period in time worked as a freelance journalist for Rap-Up Magazine, Luxladies.com, Right On! and Black Beat magazines. I had a brief stint as a cocktail waitress in a cabaret - more on that later. As well as experience bartending, worked at a Bronx Zoo for one summer, and as the world's worst babysitter. I'm pretty sure I've helped dig a grave as well but that's neither here nor there.

I am aiming at providing a fulfilling experience here. Whether I'm trying new food, checking out exhibits, seeing new attractions, places, people, things, maybe even a little politics. I like to live tweet new movies while in the theater so definitely follow me on Twitter for that comedy.

I always welcome comments and trust that as a responsible society you will respect myself and others who comment as well.

I do hope you stick around and if you don't, all good.

Nadia Chanté

No comments:

Post a Comment